What you need to know
If you’re not sure which shoe size to buy, our size guide is here to help! Whether you’re after a size conversion or you simply want to know how to measure your feet and find your ideal footwear size, look no further than Ama.Ren’s size guide.
It’s easy to find the right size with our guide, we’ve included 5 easy steps on measuring your feet so you can still order your footwear with the confidence that they will fit perfectly.
You can measure your own feet at home, which is particularly handy if you’re thinking about buying shoes online or buying shoes for someone who can’t pop into the local shoe store with you when you purchase them.
It’s a good idea to measure your feet at the end of the day, generally they swell a little after a day of walking around on them. If you wear socks normally, measure your feet with socks on – this will ensure that when you have both your shoes and socks on, your shoes aren’t too snug.
You don’t need any fancy equipment (a footwear measuring device is called a brannock, but we haven’t all got one of those at home!) to measure your feet, just a piece of paper, a pencil, a ruler and an extra pair of hands.
Measuring your feet lengthways:
- Find a flat, hard surface.
- Place your piece of paper with the edge straight against the wall, and stand on it with your heel also flush against the wall.
- Have someone mark on the paper where the longest point of your foot is. You can do this yourself… if you can bend over that far!
- Repeat this process with both feet as they might be slightly different sizes.
- Measure the heel to toe length for each foot.
Measuring your feet widthways:
Repeat steps as above, but measure from the widest point of your foot to other – usually just below the toes.